These workshops will focus on the new 2015 CAAHEP Standards and the new Self Study Report templates. These accreditation workshops will serve as an invaluable resource for new program directors, lead instructors, and deans as well as the seasoned program directors.
Make plans to attend one of these three workshops in 2017!
ST. PAUL, MN
Registration will open at the end of the June workshop
CAAHEP Accreditation Update
There is no advance homework in preparation for the workshop; however, the attendee is encouraged to:
- Download the Self Study Report
- Review CAAHEP’s Your Accreditation Mentor
YAM is a free service from CAAHEP to all program directors, but especially to newly appointed program directors, to guide their understanding of the accreditation process and to advise them on good practices. It consists of narrative pages, video vignettes, reference readings, and links to various resources. "Your Accreditation Mentor (YAM)" is about succeeding at one of the key processes of program director's job: accreditation, assuring that their program meets or exceeds standards and therefore serves its students and other stakeholders well.
- Familiarize Yourself with the CoAEMSP website
CoAEMSP has a plethora of resources, many of which will aid you through the accreditation process and beyond. Following are highlights from the website you will find useful now and in the future!
- Review the articles and tools
Please bring your laptop.
Workshop Descriptions & Objectives
CAAHEP Accreditation Workshop for Paramedic Programs
This workshop is designed to educate attendees on the CAAHEP accreditation process including the self study, site visit, and on-going issues.
The following will be addressed:
- Overview of accreditation process
- CoAEMSP Interpretations of the CAAHEP Standards
- Annual Reports
- Findings Letters & Progress Reports
- Site Visits
- Deal Breakers & Other Stumbling Blocks
- George W. Hatch, EdD, EMT-P, LP, Executive Director
- Gordon Kokx, PhD, NRP, Assistant Director of Accreditation Services
- Jennifer Anderson Warwick, MA, Accreditation Consultant
$350.00 Early Bird Rate
Registration & payment received 30 days or more in advance of the workshop
$395.00 Regular Rate
Registration & payment received within 30 days of the workshop
Agenda for Workshops