CAAHEP Accredited Programs Only!
2015 Annual Report due date is now December 31, 2016
If you are the Program Director of a CAAHEP Accredited Paramedic Program, you received an email from email@example.com in October providing you the username and password to the CAAHEP Annual Report.
To Complete the Annual Report (AR)
A detailed User Guide for the annual report can be downloaded once you login to the annual report.
- enter data on all first-enrolled classes after accreditation was awarded
- enter outcomes data for any graduated classes
- update all data for previous years, as necessary
- write a detailed analysis and action plan for any outcomes that do not meet the Thresholds
- provide the website where student/graduate achievement results are posted as public information
You CAN Avoid Delays & Complications!
Follow these proven suggestions and check out the plethora of resources provided to you:
- PRINT and follow the User Guide posted on the CAAHEP Annual Report Management System (ARMS)
- WATCH the webinar Annual Reports & the Resource Assessment Matrix
- Carefully READ everything on this page and REFER to all of the links
- Read the FAQs for Annual Reports
- Can't find the answer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
You must notify the CoAEMSP Executive Office using the form found here. Changes in the Annual Report to President/CEO, Dean, or Program Director will not show until those changes are first processed by CoAEMSP, followed by change in the CAAHEP database. Please allow several business days for the changes to be made, and plan accordingly when submitting the form and required documentation to the CoAEMSP Executive Office.
Outcomes Results Required
In January 2015, CAAHEP made a change to Standard V.A.4 in the accreditation Standards for all its professions. The language in the EMS-Paramedic Standards now states:
All programs must publish, preferably in a readily accessible place on their websites, the 3-year review-window average results of the outcomes for: National Registry (or State, as applicable) Written and Practical Exams, Retention, and Positive Placement. At all times, the published results must be consistent with and verifiable by the online Annual Report of the program.
Based on the date of your accreditation, if you do not yet have outcomes data for ALL necessary graduate years (graduates in 2012+2013+2014), you do not have the "3-year review window average results;" therefore, the CoAEMSP policy does not yet apply.
Of course, the program is free to publish any outcomes results it chooses, and you should prepare to publish the accreditation required outcomes results, when you have sufficient years of data for a complete 3-year review window.
To Submit the AR
Prior to submitting the PDF version of your Annual Report (AR), you may review it as often as you wish by clicking on "Create, Review, and/or Submit Report the Annual Report".
When you are ready to submit your report to CoAEMSP:
If you do not receive an email receipt within one (1) week of completion, please contact email@example.com
- Review your data to be sure it is complete and accurate.
- Verify that a detailed Analysis and Action Plan have been prepared for each
outcome measure that does not meet the CoAEMSP Threshold.
- Click on "Create, Review, and/or Submit Report the Annual Report
- Click on "Download Report".
- Click on "Submit a copy of the Annual Report via email to the CoA".
- Click on "Download Report".
- Save a copy of the report to your computer for your files.
KEY POINTS TO REMEMBER When Completing Your Annual Report
- Satellites and Affiliates: Be sure to review the definitions for Satellites and Affiliates. Enter each Satellite campus site that has been CoAEMSP approved or that is currently being used. To request approval for a satellite campus, complete a Satellite Approval Request.
- Enrollment & Retention: Enter all classes who started between January 1, 2015 thru December 31, 2015; even if their on-time graduation date is beyond December 31, 2015. REMINDER: The column title must match the year of ENROLLMENT and NOT the graduation year of the class.
- Survey Worksheet: Survey results for the graduates of 2014 are to be entered.
- Review each Annual Report section and hit "SAVE" before moving to the next section.
- Comment tab: provide the website where student/graduate achievement results are posted as public information. If a public website is not used, the program must identify the publication used to provide required outcomes in the Comments tab and attach the printed document through the Related Documents tab.
If you have questions about the annual report, please contact:
"Thanks for posting the webinar on the annual report. Even though I’ve been completing this for the past five years, this clarified a few things and I learned a couple of things. This was very informative and user friendly. Thanks again."
Karyl White M.S. Paramedic IC
Director of EMS Education
Barton County Community College
Annual Report Webinar & Slides
214.703.8445 Ext 115
Threshold Report Summary
|Written National or State Credentialing Examinations
|Job (Positive) Placement
|Graduate Satisfaction Survey Sent Rate
|Employers Satisfaction Survey Sent Rate
Annual Report Resources
Annual Report & the Resource Assessment Matrix
Retention: Does it Really Matter?, Patricia L. Tritt, RN, MA
Outcomes Threshold Report Summary 2014, Patricia L. Tritt, RN, MA
Standardized Progress Reports
Standardized Progress Reports - 2016 Annual Report - Revisions In Progress!
NREMT/State WRITTEN Examination Success
NREMT/State PRACTICAL Examination Success
Positive (Job) Placement
CoAEMSP is currently revising the 2015 Standardized Progress Report (SPRs) templates. The new SPR templates will be in a pdf fillable format.
Every accredited program will be notified after the December 31, 2016 due date if CoAEMSP review of the 2016 Annual Report indicated any targeted threshold(s) is/were not met and identify the applicable SPR(s) due.
For 2016, CoAEMSP will review the 3-year outcomes window for Graduation Year 2015+2014+2013. The 2016 Annual Report targeted thresholds are:
Standardized Progress Reports (SPRs) for 2016 will be due no later than March 1, 2017.
Outcomes Summary/Thresholds - NREMT/State Written Examination Success, and/or Retention, and/or Positive Placement
When you complete the 2015 annual report if you do not meet one of the targeted thresholds in the Threshold Report Summary, you will be required to submit the Standardized Progress Report (SPR) Form for the threshold not met.
Gather your data before starting the online tool.
Once the SurveyMonkey tool has been started, you will have the ability to go back to previous pages in the survey and update existing responses until the survey is finished or until you have exited the survey. After submitting the survey, you will not be able to update existing responses. You are encouraged to gather your data before starting the online tool; use the helpful documents found in the links below.
The SPR must be completed in SurveyMonkey. The CoAEMSP will not accept any Standardized Progress Reports that are submitted via email.
Consistent with CAAHEP/CoAEMSP’s outcomes oriented approach to accreditation, all accredited programs annually submit an Annual Report (AR) that includes program information, results of the outcomes assessments specified in CAAHEP Standard IV.B.1 and the programs’ analyses and action plans to address any sub-threshold results in those outcomes.
Each year the CoAEMSP reviews each AR and initiates an accreditation dialogue commensurate with the results of the outcomes assessments. As part of that review for each of the outcomes, the CoAEMSP is evaluating Thresholds, which are numerical values against which programs’ outcomes results are compared.
For 2016, CoAEMSP reviews the 3-year average of outcomes results for graduates in 2015, 2014 and 2013. In case of sub-threshold performance (number, severity, and duration), in addition to the program's required detailed analysis and action plan, the CoAEMSP is requiring a Standardized Progress Report (SPR) (more detailed analysis and action plan) as part of the accreditation dialogue. For 2016, the CoAEMSP will focus on the Thresholds for:
- NREMT/State Written Examination Success
- Positive Placement
The required/applicable SPR should be completed for EACH Threshold not met. It will be due by March 1, 2017.