for Paramedic Programs
These workshops will focus on the 2015 CAAHEP Standards and the Self Study Report templates.
These accreditation workshops will serve as an invaluable resource for new program directors, lead instructors, and deans as well as the seasoned program directors.
Some of the Important Information You Will Learn By Attending an Accreditation Workshop
- Accreditation deal breakers
- What the ‘banker box’ system is that is recommended for the site visit
- How many students the SV team wants to interview
- Tips and tricks for making the site visit efficient
- Why it’s important to pay your medical director
- Why you need to look at the CV of the scheduled site visitor
- How many days a site visit typically consists of
- How many site visitors typically come to a site visit
- 98% of accredited programs are college based
- CoAEMSP does the “heavy lifting” for CAAHEP, but CAAHEP awards the accreditation
- If you submit a pile of forms and papers for the self study report without organizing them or following the directions, your program could be recommended for probation!
- If you’ve submitted your self study report, you will be aware of your strengths and your weaknesses
- Make sure you have the most recent reports when you start your self study
- It’s all about documenting—everything!
- Capstone experiences need to occur at the end of the program
- Appendix G is the CoAEMSP’s attempt to make accreditation evidence-based (student-patient contact)
- The executive analysis gives you the opportunity to fix problems before the team arrives
- There are currently 125 site visitors
- Site visitors are PDs who have gone through the same thing
What Participants Say About Attending CAAHEP Accreditation Workshops
CAAHEP Accreditation Update
There is no advance homework in preparation for the workshop; however, the attendee is encouraged to:
- Download the Self Study Report
- Familiarize Yourself with the CoAEMSP website. CoAEMSP has a plethora of resources, many of which will aid you through the accreditation process and beyond. Following are highlights from the website you will find useful now and in the future!
- Review the articles and tools
Please bring your laptop.
Workshop Descriptions & Objectives
CAAHEP Accreditation Workshop for Paramedic Programs
This workshop is designed to educate attendees on the CAAHEP accreditation process including the self study, site visit, and on-going issues.
The following will be addressed:
- Overview of accreditation process
- CoAEMSP Interpretations of the CAAHEP Standards
- Annual Reports
- Findings Letters & Progress Reports
- Site Visits
- Deal Breakers & Other Stumbling Blocks
- George W. Hatch, EdD, EMT-P, LP
- Gordon Kokx, PhD, NRP
Assistant Director of Accreditation Services
- Jennifer Anderson Warwick, MA
- $425.00 Early Bird Rate
- $450.00 Regular Rate
For Advancing Excellence
Not your typical EMS conference, ACCREDITCON is designed to be the comprehensive collaborative that offers every necessary resource for achieving accreditation success!