“Accreditation has allowed our program to reflect on our strengths and weaknesses, and has helped us identify our needs and to get appropriate resources.”
The CSSR and On-Site Review
- Accredited programs (other than Initial Accreditation) are required to undergo a two-part comprehensive evaluation that includes 1) a written Continuing Accreditation Self Study Report (CSSR) and 2) an on-site review.
- The CoAEMSP Executive Office will notify accredited programs of the due date for submission of the CSSR.
- Upon completion of the comprehensive evaluation, the CoAEMSP formulates a status of public recognition recommendation that is forwarded to CAAHEP, which awards the accreditation for Paramedic programs that meet the Standards.
NOTE: Download and save the CSSR file to your computer, close the web site, then open the saved CSSR file from your computer. Do NOT work on the web version directly (it will not save your work).
Question about Content?
For additional information or assistance with the CSSR format, contact:
Search by State for CAAHEP Accredited Paramedic Programs
UPDATED Process – Request for Approval of a NEW Satellite Location
Do you offer an off-campus location of the Paramedic educational program where students can complete the laboratory (or similar hands-on skills) professional course(s) without attending the main campus?
Are you planning to add a satellite campus? Do you have approval from the CoAEMSP to conduct the cohort of students?
CoAEMSP grants approval for the satellite location, not per cohort. [Effective 9-2018].
If the program sponsor currently has approved satellite(s), it is not required to submit a completed Satellite Approval Request form to start a new cohort. Each satellite is approved until the program notifies CoAEMSP the satellite is no longer being used. The program sponsor will be invoiced for EACH approved satellite location on the CoAEMSP Annual Fee invoice emailed to the program each spring.
To ADD a NEW satellite location, the program sponsor must submit a completed Satellite Approval Request form at least 30 days in advance of the course start date and pay the applicable annual satellite fee for the new location before final approval will be granted.
To Voluntarily Withdraw a satellite location, the program must submit a completed Voluntary Withdrawal of a Satellite Location template letter.
If a satellite location has been voluntarily withdrawn and the sponsor program wishes to utilize the location again, then the program sponsor must reapply and submit a new Request for Approval of a Satellite Location form.
Questions about this change or about the approval process may be directed to Lynn Caruthers at 214-703-8445, ext 115 or email@example.com.
Promoting the Accreditation Status of a Program
According to CAAHEP Policy 302 and CoAEMSP Policy I.13.b. and d., in at least one of its comprehensive publications customarily used to officially convey institutional information, the Program must state the following including the contact information for CAAHEP and CoAEMSP as shown below:
“The [name of program] is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).”
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
Committee on Accreditation for the EMS Professions
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett TX 75088
CAAHEP Accredited Program Logo Use
If your program is CAAHEP accredited and you would like to include the CAAHEP logo in publications related to that program, CAAHEP policy allows you to do so. The CAAHEP policy on our logo use has been provided below.
If after reading the policy you would like a downloadable version of the CAAHEP logo for use in your publications, you may access it here.
Use of CAAHEP Logo by Programs and Sponsoring Institutions
The CAAHEP logo is the exclusive property of CAAHEP. However, CAAHEP allows accredited programs and their sponsoring institutions to use the CAAHEP logo in publications and displays. The following guidelines must be followed.
- The logo must be used in its entirety and not modified except that it may be reduced or enlarged to suit the use, but the scale of the elements should be retained.
- It may be reproduced in black and white or in darker shades of blue.
- The logo may NOT be used by programs that have applied for, but not yet received accreditation.
- When programs are included in the publication and/or display that are not accredited by CAAHEP then accompanying text must be included that makes it clear which programs are CAAHEP accredited.
- Use of the logo shall be subject at all times to revocation and withdrawal by CAAHEP when, in its sole judgment, its continued use would not serve the best interests of CAAHEP or the public.