Site Visitor Qualifications
Site Visitor Workshop
Currently, there are no plans for a workshop. Workshops are held periodically, and not on a set schedule.
Site Visitor Qualifications
ALL Site Visitors
• Successful completion of the Site Visitor Training Workshop under the 2015 CAAHEP Standards.
• If with a CAAHEP accredited Paramedic educational program, the program must be in good standing.
• Employed as an educator in a CAAHEP accredited Paramedic educational program, at least 30% employee to the program or if retired and not currently working in a CAAHEP accredited Paramedic educational program, has worked in EMS education within the past five (5) years.
• At least two (2) years of full-time experience or five (5) years of part-time experience as a Paramedic educator in a CAAHEP accredited Paramedic educational program.
• Knowledgeable about education issues, especially curriculum, exam development, program evaluation, and student evaluation.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Qualify as a program director under the 2015 CAAHEP Standards.
• Actively involved in a Paramedic educational program.
• Knowledgeable about education issues.
• Qualify as a medical director under the 2015 CAAHEP Standards.
• If retired and not currently working in a CAAHEP accredited Paramedic educational program, has worked in EMS education within the past five (5) years.
- To maintain the status of an active CoAEMSP Site Visitor, ALL are required to:
- Successfully complete any required Site Visitor Updates (with post-update exam).
- Have consistently acceptable quality assurance reports as determined by the Site Visit & Visitor Subcommittee.
- Attend any required CE sessions provided by the CoAEMSP (web-based, in-person, or another format) to ensure continuous compliance with CAAHEP Standards and Guidelines.
- Participate in a minimum of three (3) site visits in a 24-month period.
- If retired and not currently working in a CAAHEP accredited Paramedic educational program, has worked in EMS education within the past five (5) years.
- If with a CAAHEP accredited Paramedic educational program, the program must be in good standing.
Note: All requirements are subject to the discretion of the Site Visit & Visitor Committee and the Board.
Q. How do I apply?
A. An application packet must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must include ALL of the following:
- The application form
- A current CV
- A letter of support from your employer
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Acknowledgment of the expectations of a site visitor (found on the last page of the application)
Q. Should the letters of support and recommendation be submitted via email or hard copy?
A. The letters of support and recommendation must be emailed to email@example.com. The CoAEMSP no longer accepts paper documents.
Q. I previously submitted an application to become a site visitor. Do I need to submit another one?
Q. Why is the applicant responsible for the travel expenses to and from the workshop?
A. Serving as a CAAHEP/CoAEMSP site visitor requires a commitment on behalf of the individual as well as the CoAEMSP. This commitment is one of time (the individual preparing for and conducting site visits), money (CoAEMSP providing the initial training of the individual and continued education), and expertise. Requiring the individual to contribute to the initial training shows a commitment and strong desire to give back to their profession of Paramedic education.
Site Visitor Quick Stats
*According to the 2018-2019 Annual Report
Total Programs Viewed
Resources for Site Visitors
& Site Visits
Become a SV Team Captain
For consideration as a CoAEMSP Team Captain, a site visitor must have two recommendations by current team captains with whom the individual has served. The site visitor will then be contacted to submit the TC Application.
For Team Captains wishing to make a recommendation, complete the Team Captain Recommendation Form. See Resources.