The CSSR and On-Site Review
- Accredited programs (other than Initial Accreditation) are required to undergo a two-part comprehensive evaluation that includes 1) a written Continuing Accreditation Self Study Report (CSSR) and 2) an on-site review.
- The CoAEMSP Executive Office will notify accredited programs of the due date for submission of the CSSR.
- Upon completion of the comprehensive evaluation, the CoAEMSP formulates a status of public recognition recommendation that is forwarded to CAAHEP, which awards the accreditation for Paramedic programs that meet the Standards.
NOTE: Download and save the CSSR file to your computer, close the web site, then open the saved CSSR file from your computer. Do NOT work on the web version directly (it will not save your work).
NEED HELP? For additional information or assistance with the CSSR format, contact:
Dr. Gordy Kokx at email@example.com or 214.703.8445 Ext 117
Request for Approval of a Satellite Location is Necessary for EACH Cohort!
Do you offer an off-campus location of the Paramedic program where students can complete the laboratory (or similar hands-on skills) professional course(s) without attending the main campus?
Are you planning to add a satellite campus? Do you have approval from the CoAEMSP to conduct the cohort of students?
The completed Request for Approval form must be submitted, in advance, for each class for each satellite location.
CoAEMSP verifies directly with the NREMT, the eligibility of graduates from each satellite location. Failure to obtain prior CoAEMSP approval may result in the graduates from the location/class not being eligible for the national examinations for the Paramedic.
Get more information here. Questions about this form and about the approval process may be directed to Lynn Caruthers at 214-703-8445, ext 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Request for Approval form.
What is a Program Satellite? Satellite programs are considered to be off-campus location(s) that are advertised or otherwise made known to individuals outside the sponsor where students can complete the laboratory (or similar hands-on skills) professional course(s) without attending the main campus.
A satellite does not pertain to sites used by a completely on-line/distance education program for individual students. Satellite(s) are included in the CAAHEP accreditation of the sponsor and function under the direction of the Key Personnel of the program. [Policy IX.3]
CAPCE to provide streamlined accreditation process for CE providers that are also CAAHEP-accredited programs.
Promoting the Accreditation Status of a Program
According to CAAHEP Policy 302 and CoAEMSP Policy I.13.b. and d., in at least one of its comprehensive publications customarily used to officially convey institutional information, the Program must state the following including the contact information for CAAHEP and CoAEMSP as shown below:
“The [name of program] is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).”
“To contact CAAHEP:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
“To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett TX 75088
FAX (214) 703-8992
CAAHEP Accredited Program Logo Use
If your program is CAAHEP accredited and you would like to include the CAAHEP logo in publications related to that program, CAAHEP policy allows you to do so. The CAAHEP policy on our logo use has been provided below.
If after reading the policy you would like a downloadable version of the CAAHEP logo for use in your publications, you may access it here.
Use of CAAHEP Logo by Programs and Sponsoring Institutions
The CAAHEP logo is the exclusive property of CAAHEP. However, CAAHEP allows accredited programs and their sponsoring institutions to use the CAAHEP logo in publications and displays. The following guidelines must be followed.
- The logo must be used in its entirety and not modified except that it may be reduced or enlarged to suit the use, but the scale of the elements should be retained.
- It may be reproduced in black and white or in darker shades of blue.
- The logo may NOT be used by programs that have applied for, but not yet received accreditation.
- When programs are included in the publication and/or display that are not accredited by CAAHEP then accompanying text must be included that makes it clear which programs are CAAHEP accredited.
- Use of the logo shall be subject at all times to revocation and withdrawal by CAAHEP when, in its sole judgment, its continued use would not serve the best interests of CAAHEP or the public.