CAAHEP Announces Fee Increase in 2016
During its November 21 meeting, the CAAHEP Board of Directors approved an increase in its institutional fee effective July 2016. The fee will be raised from $450 per year to $550 per year. This is the fee paid by every institution that sponsors one or more CAAHEP-accredited programs.
"CAAHEP has worked hard to keep our expenses down and avoid a fee increase to our sponsoring institution," said Thomas Skalko, PhD, LRT/CTRS, CAAHEP President. "It has been more than 15 years since the last time CAAHEP raised its institutional fee. The Board was extremely conscientious to keep the increase to the minimum necessary to continue to provide accreditation services to our accredited programs."
Kathleen Megivern, JD, CAE, Executive Director, said, "The increase in institutional fees will not take place until July 1, 2016, so that our sponsoring institutions will have adequate time to budget for the increase no matter when their fiscal year begins. Programs and institutions will receive notices throughout the coming year as reminders to prepare for the new fee structure."
Any sponsoring institution or CAAHEP accredited program with questions on the new institutional fee should contact the CAAHEP office for assistance.
The CSSR and On-Site Review
- Accredited programs (other than Initial Accreditation) are required to undergo a two-part comprehensive evaluation that includes 1) a written Continuing Accreditation Self Study Report (CSSR) and 2) an on-site review.
Complete the CSSR form.
- The CoAEMSP Executive Office will notify accredited programs of the due date for submission of the CSSR.
- Upon completion of the comprehensive evaluation, the CoAEMSP formulates a status of public recognition recommendation that is forwarded to CAAHEP, which awards the accreditation for Paramedic programs that meet the Standards.
NOTE: Download and save the CSSR file to your computer, close the web site, then open the saved CSSR file from your computer. Do NOT work on the web version directly (it will not save your work).
NEED HELP? For additional information or assistance with the CSSR format, contact:
Bill Goding at email@example.com or 214.703.8445 Ext 113.
Request for Approval of a
Adding a satellite? This form needs to be completed for each satellite location of the main campus (sponsor).
Use a separate form for each location.
This completed request form must be submitted, in advance, for each class for each satellite location.
CoAEMSP verifies directly with the NREMT, the eligibility of graduates from each satellite location. Failure to obtain prior CoAEMSP approval may result in the graduates from the location/class not being eligible for the national examinations for the Paramedic.
Questions about this form and about the approval process may be directed to Lynn Caruthers at 214-703-8445, ext 115 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the Request for Approval form.
What is a Program Satellite? Off-campus location(s) that are advertised or otherwise made known to individuals outside the sponsor where students can complete the laboratory (or similar hands-on skills) professional course(s) without attending the main campus. A satellite does not pertain to sites used by a completely on-line/distance education program for individual students. Satellite(s) are included in the CAAHEP accreditation of the sponsor and function under the direction of the Key Personnel of the program. [Policy IX.3]
CECBEMS to provide streamlined accreditation process for CE providers that are also CAAHEP-accredited programs.
Application for CECBEMS Accreditation of a CAAHEP (CoAEMSP)
Letter to CAAHEP-accredited programs
Promoting the Accreditation Status of a Program
According to CAAHEP Policy 302 and CoAEMSP Policy I.13.b. and d., in at least one of its comprehensive publications customarily used to officially convey institutional information, the Program must state the following including the contact information for CAAHEP and CoAEMSP as shown below:
“The [name of program] is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).”
“To contact CAAHEP:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
“To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett TX 75088
FAX (214) 703-8992
CAAHEP Accredited Program Logo Use
If your program is CAAHEP accredited and you would like to include the CAAHEP logo in publications related to that program, CAAHEP policy allows you to do so. The CAAHEP policy on our logo use has been provided below.
If after reading the policy you would like a downloadable version of the CAAHEP logo for use in your publications, you may access it here.
Use of CAAHEP Logo by Programs and Sponsoring Institutions
The CAAHEP logo is the exclusive property of CAAHEP. However, CAAHEP allows accredited programs and their sponsoring institutions to use the CAAHEP logo in publications and displays. The following guidelines must be followed.
- The logo must be used in its entirety and not modified except that it may be reduced or enlarged to suit the use, but the scale of the elements should be retained.
- It may be reproduced in black and white or in darker shades of blue.
- The logo may NOT be used by programs that have applied for, but not yet received accreditation.
- When programs are included in the publication and/or display that are not accredited by CAAHEP then accompanying text must be included that makes it clear which programs are CAAHEP accredited.
- Use of the logo shall be subject at all times to revocation and withdrawal by CAAHEP when, in its sole judgment, its continued use would not serve the best interests of CAAHEP or the public.